COVID-19 Testing for Travel
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure - it's now easier to get tested for COVID-19 prior to travel. Depending on your destination, a negative COVID-19 test result (within 72 hours of your travels) may be required to avoid a mandatory quarantine period.
At Dignity Health-GoHealth Urgent Care we offer both PCR and Rapid COVID-19 testing for travel at 5 centers in the Bay Area - with convenient evaluation options to fit your schedule. You have the choice to save your spot online at a nearby center or schedule a virtual clinical evaluation and then go to a local center for a quick in-person test.
What is the Rapid COVID-19 Test?
The Rapid Abbott COVID-19 test provides results within approximately 15 minutes.
- This NAAT test starts with taking a swab from the nose or the back of the throat, then mixing it with a chemical solution that breaks open the virus and releases its RNA.
- Using the molecular technology from the Abbott ID NOW system, the mixture is inserted into an ID NOW box that has the technology to identify and amplify select sequences of the coronavirus genome and ignore contamination with other viruses.
How Does a Virtual COVID-19 Evaluation Work?
After a Virtual Visit evaluation with a provider, you will be provided with a testing appointment at a designated Dignity Health-GoHealth Urgent Care center. Within minutes of being tested, you will know if you are negative for COVID-19 and will be given direction as to the next steps in care. If you prefer, you can always save your spot online for an in-center visit.Get Tested
On-Site COVID-19 Testing
Dignity Health-GoHealth Urgent Care is now offering rapid COVID-19 testing at your workplace in the greater San Francisco Bay Area including Santa Clara, Alameda and Marin County. Please complete the form below and a member of our operations team will reach out to you shortly.
- We will agree upfront on a rate for your facility based on the number of employees (and residents for nursing homes) that you would like tested.
- A physician or advanced practice provider will perform a virtual or onsite evaluation of all employees, residents and patients at the facility.
- Onsite testing capabilities can be coordinated and configured within 24-48 hours.
- Our team is trained on the Abbott Labs ID rapid COVID-19 test.
- Test results can be delivered on-site in less than 15 minutes.
- On-site testing reduces unnecessary exposure by transporting employees and residents outside of their environments.