What is the Rapid COVID-19 Test?
The Abbott rapid COVID-19 test was recently authorized by the FDA under an emergency use authorization in healthcare settings (although it has not been FDA cleared or approved). The rapid COVID-19 test provides results within approximately 15 minutes.
The test starts with taking a swab from the nose or the back of the throat, then mixing it with a chemical solution that breaks open the virus and releases its RNA.
Using the molecular technology from the Abbott ID NOW system, the mixture is inserted into an ID NOW box that has the technology to identify and amplify select sequences of the coronavirus genome and ignore contamination with other viruses.
Our team is well-equipped and well-trained for this method of testing, having already used Abbott’s ID NOW testing platform to perform rapid tests for flu and strep testing.
How Does a Virtual COVID-19 Evaluation Work?
Patients who qualify for the Rapid COVID-19 Test after a Virtual Visit evaluation with a provider will be provided with a testing appointment at a designated Legacy-GoHealth Urgent Care center. Within minutes of being tested, you will know if you are positive for COVID-19 and will be given direction as to the next steps in care.Schedule Virtual Visit
On-Site COVID-19 Testing
Legacy-GoHealth Urgent Care is now offering rapid COVID-19 testing at your workplace in the greater Portland/Vancouver Metro Area. Please complete the form below and a member of our operations team will reach out to you shortly.
- We will agree upfront on a rate for your facility based on the number of employees (and residents for nursing homes) that you would like tested.
- A physician or advanced practice provider will perform a virtual or onsite evaluation of all employees, residents and patients at the facility.
- Onsite testing capabilities can be coordinated and configured within 24-48 hours.
- Our team is trained on the Abbott Labs ID rapid COVID-19 test.
- Test results can be delivered on-site in less than 15 minutes.
- On-site testing reduces unnecessary exposure by transporting employees and residents outside of their environments.